Saturday, September 6, 2008

Same Kind of Different As Me

I just finished reading one of the best non-fiction books I have ever read--SAME KIND OF DIFFERENT AS ME by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. I happened upon this book by complete accident, strolling through Barnes and Noble while looking for another book in specific. As I was leaving the store, the cover of this book jumped out at me and being a special education teacher, the title gave me the impression that the book was about diversity, disabilities, and tolerance, or the lack thereof. In a way, I was right but the story was not at all what I expected. The producers of the movie "Pursuit of Happyness" are working on translating this book to film. It's a definite must-read! In addition, there's a website to visit but only AFTER you've read the book: http://www.samekindofdifferentasme.com/.

"A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotton in virtual slavery. An upscale art dealer accustomed to the world of Armani and Chanel. A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream. A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it."

No comments: